Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Rain!

Right now, at this moment, I hate rain. I am at the turning point on so many projects that require at least a week of dry weather. Of course the weather man has to give me rain!! Bastard!

I've had too many years of leaking roofs and leaking basements and more recently flooding trenches. When I hear rain it just heightens my senses and pretty soon I am fighting back panic. I know it isn't a matter of "if" something will go wrong but "when". I can't even stand the sound of an aquarium in the house. A fish pond outside is fine but water noises in the house will send my skin crawling.

So I made it through yesterday. One day of rain down. Now I have to make it through the rest of the week. I don't know that I can. It's Chinese water torture on an apocalyptic scale.

I need two weeks of no rain to accomplish most of my outdoor tasks. That is all. You wouldn't think that would be such a big thing. But we haven't gone two weeks without rain since starting this project. I have planned everything here with mega-drainage, but I just need two weeks to get the last of it in place. I need some dry time to pump out trenches.....again!!!! I need some dry time to get a tractor out in the pasture with a post hole digger for more fencing. I need some dry time to get dirt and clay moved. I need some dry time to set posts for the outdoor kitchen. I need some dry time for peace of mind.

I hate rain.

louie

No comments:

Post a Comment