Friday, May 28, 2010

Hobbit playhouse day 1.... again

I suppose the attitude should be that anything worth doing is worth doing twice. That shall be my motto for today anyway. We have had almost a week of no rain, which is almost unheard of these days. The trenches have been pumped several times and it looks like today is the day.

There are certain projects on this wee farm that will represent a milestone, a turning of the corner... finally! The hobbit playhouse is one of these projects. I have worked for so long and so hard on that area! I've tried to do the prep for the garage for three years now. I just don't have sufficient time, equipment and resources to keep it dry and get it poured. It has become a very expensive hole. So now it is time to say I fought the good battle and to move on. Which really, really isn't easy for me.

The strange thing is that It has lightened my heart considerably to give up on this. But I totally cannot give up without a flip of my finger. So something must go there. Something must be a happy reminder of the work and sweat and cussing that went into that place. Besides we need a retaining wall. Concrete block, I've got, but retaining wall blocks are off in the future. Floating around me. Taunting me with their cost. Damn retaining wall block!

The other thing that the hobbit playhouse will do, is stand as a little monument that I can see a project through. I can envision a wonderful little thing and make it happen. Proof!! proof that I'm not a total idiot. I'm so excited about that!

The house, I am building for Mac. It is his. But the stuff out there... the elements that actually make up the dream, those are mine. I'm just so jazzed about starting on the "mine" part of this journey. And I really, really will take pictures!

louie

No comments:

Post a Comment