Thursday, September 8, 2011

More fencing....

I am trying to keep the fencing foremost in my mind right now. It is one of the largest projects on the little farm and , I hope that when through, all of the other projects will seem so fast and easy that I just fly through them. That's the hope anyway.

One woman post hole digging can be difficult.

When I started this project it seemed to me that I would need a minimum of twenty-two deeply dug holes to accomplish the basics of my pasture layout. Now as I look at my project, I realize that I probably didn't include all of the holes for brace poles and possibly some mid line reinforcement holes. I need to get a more accurate sketch of the finished product.

So far, I have dug eight holes and have five more started and soaking. My goal is to get all five dug out and get as many more started as I possibly can. Hope the clay isn't too heavy today. Hope a lot of things.

I had another odd dream last night. This time, I was digging post holes. No surprise there. There was a dusting of snow on the ground. I kept jamming the post hole digger into the ground and all I accomplished was breaking loose tiny chunks of crystallized, frozen earth. Over and over the digger was rammed down but the hole just didn't get any bigger. I awoke with a feeling of fear.

The good news is that I am getting some "guns" on me. The saddle bags (I call them speed bumps) are shrinking. My neck..well, I have the neck of a newscaster.... it's lovely. The bad news is that I still have the face of a longshoreman, but it turns very prettily.

As always, I take my good with my bad. But my heart feels quieter now. Over all, I feel happy because it finally feels like I am making progress. Life is good.

Louie

No comments:

Post a Comment