Monday, August 30, 2010

It's late

It's after nine o'clock. I thought I could be brilliant and witty earlier today, but no such luck. Today I was fixated on a goal. My hope was to finish sealing the block work outside of our house. Started out with a roller but the block is split face and has too much texture for that to work. Went and got a pressure type sprayer. I was painfully close to finishing when I ran out of sealer. so close!! Success, belief in myself, pride in a personal accomplishment, all swept away from me by a gallon of Thompson's water seal. Sometimes life is just too painful.

Tomorrow night the rain is suppose to start again. It is supposed to last three days. Then a break for a day and then another day of rain. It's one thing to have victory narrowly snatched from me, but the pummeling for days afterward is really unnecessary.

The last two days have felt hopeful. It seems that things have gotten knocked into the realm of "do-able". The last over the top tasks are fencing for the horses, and building the garage. That doesn't seem like so much, does it?

Tomorrow will be a new day. We'll see what unfolds, but right now, it's late. I'm tired. I'm going to go to bed and dream wonderful dreams. Possibly of burly men with hammers and chain saws.

No comments:

Post a Comment