Friday, April 23, 2010

What a day!!

Well, it's almost eight o'clock in the evening and I am just now having a minute. I have been so excited about today that I have been afraid to mention it. Even a little afraid to think about it too much. Tomorrow morning I will be attending my first ever Parelli clinic!! ( You may insert excited squealing HERE!)

Of course everything has been falling apart this last week. I was starting to get depressed and frantic. I was afraid I was going to have to cancel. Today we started out with a thunderstorm and had no satellite services. I just KNEW the clinic got called off and that I wasn't getting the message via the computer. Must be paranoia under stress.

But we have made it!! We are sitting in a kind of cheap hotel with a bathroom so small that you have to step out to change your mind. I will have about a fifteen minute drive tomorrow morning and then I will be at 7A Ranch just outside of Oxford Iowa. I am swinging between exhaustion and being so excited that I am atwitter. Parelli 3 star professional, Kristi Smith will be the instructor tomorrow. I have heard so many wonderful things about her. Rumor has it that I will feel so good about myself after spending a weekend with Kristi, it'll be just like I were thin and hot!! I can hardly wait!

Now here's the funny part for you. I didn't even bring a horse! I'm just auditing! Imagine how much I would have messed up my head if I'd actually brought a horse! Well, Guys you are here for my first steps. This is really the beginning of my big horsemanship journey. Pip and I are going to do big things together. I can hardly wait. I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow.

louie

2 comments: