Friday, April 2, 2010

hidden treasures

While doing my little woodsy cleaning I found a perfect little spot for family gatherings.... well, that's how I hope it works out. There is a spot that comes down out of the hay field then into the trees. There is a little trail that drops down to another tier of ground. This spot is fairly open. It is a natural location for a fire ring and some stumps for seats. Then it drops down again. This last drop is a sand bar. Sometimes after a rain the water tears right through, but most of the time it ranges from dry to a couple of inches of water.

The whole time I was working on cleaning up an adjacent area of woods, I kept watching the beach area. That was already how I was viewing it..."the beach" It was the perfect too shallow to drown, soft and sandy, hot dog roasting, happy place for my family. Of course, there is so much that needs to be done, but I could still see everything play out in my head like a movie. Kids sitting around on some home styled adirondack chairs, some cheesy tiki torches. The grand kids playing in the sand and running and splashing in the water.

Just days ago there was nothing but thorny undergrowth. It hasn't taken much uncovering to find so many perfect hidden treasures. I can't wait until I am ready for everyone to see them.

louie

No comments:

Post a Comment