Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Air Conditioning and other Regrets

Mac broke down and put the window air conditioner in last week. Since then, it seems, the humidity has gotten fairly unbearable to me. I wonder if it is the humidity or if it is the difference between going out into the heat and coming back in to the cool. As always, being in air conditioning leaves my bronchials feeling like someone went over their interiors with a brillo pad. Warnings persist for people and animals exposed to the heat. I feel horrible. Don't know which is worse... the heat or the air conditioning.

I am starting to have my summer regrets. Worrying about all that isn't done. I think my biggest regrets are that I haven't gotten in more, better fencing and I don't have my small flock of laying chickens. I am now a firm believer in the importance of pasture rotation. Fencing just keeps taking on a greater importance every day. Fencing and a round pen. I could almost croon it like the lusty desire for the most current magazine heart throb. Round pen .... doesn't it just evoke the imagery of wantonness?

Mac wants to retire and I can't seem to figure out how to make that happen for him. I'm sorry. I don't know what to do.

If only the heat would stop. I could work on post holes. Maybe my neighbor would see me out there working and feel sorry for me and bring his tractor with the post hole auger ... maybe. Maybe I'll get a couple of baby quilts sold and I could get some chickens yet this year..... maybe. Summer isn't over, maybe there's still a chance..... maybe.

Louie

No comments:

Post a Comment