Monday, August 1, 2011

Shifting lanes

I had the most awesome time at the Dave Ellis clinic. I learned so much. He has such a great ability to leave with you feeling like you did good. If you learned something that made you equipped to master a skill, then next year we can just REALLY go to town. Throughout the clinic he stressed Pat Parelli's eight principles. Of the eight, the ones he especially stressed were 2) Don't make OR teach assumptions.... 3) Communication is mutual, two or more individuals sharing a thought or idea... 5) the ATTITUDE of justice and 6) body language is universal.

There was so much information under each item. And it was so incredibly exciting to be able to just forget everything else and think about the horses mentality and abilities. I so don't want to forget ANYTHING!

But life shifts lanes. Little Evelyn is staying with us for a week. As I watch Mac and Evelyn dance in the living room to Yo Gabba Gabba, I have to wonder .... wonder if they would notice if I slipped out to the garden.... maybe the woods.... maybe to the pasture... anyplace where I can't hear Yo Gabba Gabba.

Louie

No comments:

Post a Comment