Thursday, August 11, 2011

Keys to Success

I'm sitting here and drinking coffee... thinking. That is how I begin my day. This is enough of a routine that it feels unnatural if my day doesn't start with coffee and thinking. While I might not get too many places, my brain is quite the traveler. Others cannot see it but some of my most difficult work, some of the most rigorous work, takes place while I sit here.... sipping coffee. The cleansing part of the operation is in the doing, the sweating, the fruition.

It has been a bad summer to try and get something done. First unrelenting rain and then unrelenting heat. Bugger! So, I am having coffee. Sipping and thinking. There has to be a way around this.

I went out the other day to change out the handles on my post hole digger. I wanted to get to work. It was the age old problem. I had round ended handles and I needed square ended replacement handles..... round peg, square hole= I'm screwed.

There is something in my nature that keeps screaming out that post holes should not be this difficult!

I don't know what else to do but go back to the beginning and try to rethink this. Get another cup of coffee and think. If I even had a decent hand saw I'd start working on an above ground fence, like a buck fence. There is a way past this. I just have to figure it out. Just find my keys to success and there will be fireworks, angels will sing and I will be ushered to the next level of he game and a new problem...... and a fresh pot of coffee.

Louie

No comments:

Post a Comment