Friday, October 29, 2010

DEATH to the Law of Attraction!!!!

Yesterday I had a dear, sweet, kind, warm, generous person tell me that she tried to practice the Law of Attraction. That they had money problems and she hinted that it was her fault because her "attitude" wasn't always in line for attracting. BULLSHIT!!

Now I have heard that the Law of Attraction is supposedly based on theories of quantum physics and there are books that explain in some convoluted detail on how this wishful thinking process is all very scientific. Well, I'm not a scientist. I'd be willing to bet that the people who buy these books and swallow this hocum aren't either. How convenient!

I want to stand up and yell, "The emperor has no clothes!!!"

When I see entire regions devastated by floods, famines or military activity and sit on my butt in my safe, warm home and say,"Tsk, tsk, I guess they had that coming" That's just wrong! It's unkind and inhuman. Just like it is wrong for my friend to have to feel guilty for not maintaining this delusion. She is too good for this! Anybody is too good for this.

I have a dream to chase. I am shaping it into reality. REALITY being the key word here. I work hard for my dream. I walk on it everyday. I sweat on it. I dig in it. I shape it. I use all of the creativity I can muster to make it happen. I take all the help that gets offered. If there is an idea, I'll try it. But what I will not do is sit back on my ass and indulge in happy thoughts believing it will happen by itself.

I believe in work, generosity of the human spirit, and the spark of creativity. I believe in my friends. Every once in awhile some luck is pretty handy too. Law of attraction..... I don't think so.

So, my dear friend, no more beating yourself up.

Louie

2 comments:

  1. Pat says luck is spelled w-o-r-k and when prior and proper preparation meets opportunity... that's where the law of attraction comes in :-)

    Petra Christensen
    Parelli 2Star Junior Instructor
    Parelli Central

    ReplyDelete
  2. Petra, How funny! Pat's "luck" saying was going through my head all weekend! I think that's what got me through. That, and not getting frustrated. No point in getting frustrated with ponies when I was the one in control. Didn't set myself up for success. Next time I will do better.

    ReplyDelete