Tuesday, October 26, 2010

CRP Payment

Yesterday we received our last CRP payment. It wasn't for a great deal of money. But it is sorely needed and will go mostly towards insurance payments and taxes. A little will get squirreled away for christmas. It would be nice to be able to get another load of gravel. Then there are the hardware supplies!

The hardware supplies are exciting!!!! If I get another hundred foot of drain tile then all of my tiling projects will be done!! I need some hinges but other then that I think I have everything I need here to build a yard shed. Then I can clean out the house!! If I buy a little fresh lumber, I could get the shelves built and put into the kitchen. Maybe a remnant of carpet for the sleeping area of the loft. Then I could get the loft finished!! Maybe finish the windows......CURTAINS!!

It's as if suddenly there is a world of possibilities. I have to hold myself together though. First the bills then we see what's left. Then we have to prioritize.

It gives me a glimpse of what homesteaders must have felt like after they sold their crop and then received the Sears and Roebuck catalog. That emotional boost that you needed before contemplating a long winter.

You can't help thinking of all that you might be able to do!

Grass seed for the pasture so there is a better crop of hay next year! Some decent tarps to protect the hay. Much needed glasses.... a pair of jeans!

As I said the payment isn't that much. We'll have to see how it goes. Maybe I'd better buy a lotto ticket as well.

Louie

No comments:

Post a Comment