Friday, October 15, 2010

Stress

I admit that I have stress, and I have been worrying a lot about winter's approach. Since Mac has had the recurrence of the leukemia, I stress about his stress. I stress about the desire to be successful, not just so I can stay on the little farm, but so Mac can take early retirement. I think if he continues to teach that they will stress him into sickness and the leukemia will come back. There isn't much for treatment options if it comes back again.

I think Mac will always find a way to teach. It's what he was born to do. It's his calling. I think it is a shame that the current educational crisis is pushing programs not real education. But I don't know what to do to take away his stress. When I get in a real funk, I turn to the woods. I take my axe and a shovel and a rake and I start clearing out the buck brush. As I clear, I burn and there is something purifying to the spirit in a fire. By the time I have a good clearing made, my spirits are lighter. My mind is working more freely. Often times, I hurt everywhere. But there is a feeling of power from hurting and continuing, also.

I don't know how to give that to him. If I could take all the stress of the world away, I wonder what heights we could reach? How strong could we become? How much could we change the world?

All we have to do is to get rid of some stress.

Louie

No comments:

Post a Comment