Monday, March 5, 2012

Oh! My Aching Back!

Due to a work injury, I have three herniated disks. For some reason they have never properly healed. To keep from having trouble with them I have to watch my activity. I can't be sedentary or it will get bad and I can't do too much or it gets bad. I especially have to watch that I don't work very long at a counter as the slight incline in my posture gets painful really quickly. I know all of the things I have to do, but I don't think I managed to stay physical enough this winter. Then yesterday, Mac startled me. I jumped and turned and out it went.

I spent the rest of the evening with the tens unit on my back. Took my ibuprofen. Had to have help getting up and sitting down, getting into bed. Not an easy task as Mac has lost all of his muscle.

Activity is always the answer so got out and hauled water to the horses. Hurt like hell!! But finishing the task did loosen it up. After wards I was able to lift both legs. Then a hot bath and I am able to get in and out of chairs without heroic measures.

The weather is suppose to get better this week and just in time! I need to get out there and get my muscles back. I need to feel some sun. Hopefully start feeling like myself again. Walk in an upright position

I can't let this slow me down. This is suppose to be our year! The year when we make great strides forward. The year where we really nail down the dream. The year when we start making a farm income!! And I can't let a crappy back stand in the way.

With that in mind.... I think I need to go get some more ibuprofen.

Louie

No comments:

Post a Comment