Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Long Weekends

Once again I come out of a long weekend and I'm just flat out angry about the way everything ended up. The first day of the weekend was a family "do" so got to see the grand babies and some of the kids. Pretty much spent the day chasing kids around a playground.

The next two days were the hard part. We did .... nothing. Not one iota. Nothing!! I hate days like that. They make me restless. They make me feel sick. I don't mind a "resting" day if it follows a "doing something" day. But since we hadn't done anything, I don't think these were even valid "resting" days. They were just piss your life away days. I hate that. I've only got so many good days in my given time and I can't waste them.

Today I have a lot of catching up to do. Today I have to feel some sun. I have to feel some strength in my arms. I have to be ABLE! Today is a day that has to be taken advantage of. Tomorrow Mac goes back to Iowa City to see the oncologists. I am never happy on Dr. days, that is, until we are driving away from that town. I'm sure tomorrow will be no different.

And when I'm home, when I pull into the drive, I want to know that I did what I could. That, at least, TODAY was a good day.

louie

1 comment:

  1. hope everything went well at the oncologis? sending you positive thoughts from this side of the planet.

    ReplyDelete