Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Winter Blahs

We have had such a mild winter, that I should not complain..... but I will. I suppose it is just that we are into February. I feel such a disconnect from my outdoors life. The favorite parts of my life are out there.. not in here. We have had so little snow that there is nothing pretty about this winter. It is patches of leftover snow then the brown grass, then the gray gravel, the gray sky, the gray trees.

I have things to do. I have some flooring to put down. The kitchen needs cleaned. There is sewing that needs to be done. Laundry. But I don't want to. It is getting late in the day and I still need to eat breakfast. Nothing sounds good, nothing tastes good. Food tastes much better in spring. At least, that is what I think today.

Yesterday, I talked myself out of starting my plans on my cottage. Too many projects. I scolded myself over my impulsive nature, of always needing ten things to think about. So I did not get out my graph paper. I didn't begin my puzzle of how to make a good existence fit into a small space. Now my brain is all dusty. Craving something and not knowing what it could be. I need to shake off these winter blahs. There are things I could do today that would make me happy. I just have to remember them. So much easier to get excited about things when the sun is out.

I feel like the Salvador Dali painting... the one with the clock dripping off the edge of a ledge. Food. Maybe I just need to go ahead and eat something, even if it isn't tasty. I'll just pour myself into the kitchen. I'll just hang on and maybe, just maybe, there will be sun tomorrow and I'll come up with new and brilliant ideas.

Louie

No comments:

Post a Comment