Monday, February 27, 2012

Order

It is cold and crisp and sunny outside today. Yesterday we had a bit of warmth and the snow melted off and it has left me with a desire for organization. A desire for cleanliness and order. That thing hidden somewhere in the female DNA has awoken and I crave spring cleaning! I would like to open my windows and polish up the glass but it is still too cold for that. But I think I am finally aroused sufficiently to get my curtains sewn.... HURRAH!!!!

If only I had the batting and backing to finish the new bedspread. Oh well, you can't have everything.

Women often write about their order in their homes. Sun streaming through windows onto clean tiled counters. Trays set with favorite teapots., crisp tablecloths, some beloved little item handed down from a grandmother that's on display. I will forego these niceties for CLEAN! for enough cabinets to store things.... for no lumber stacked anywhere in the house... for all of the switch plates and outlet covers installed. Window trim!!!

Well I don't have window trim and I haven't been able to afford any curtains, so today I will sew them. I will screw in cup hooks instead of curtain rod hardware and I will run my curtains over some wire. As my Grandpa used to say, "It beats a poke in the eye with a sharp stick." It will feel better. It will feel more like home.

It will keep me from seeing the dirty glass in the window until I can do some proper spring cleaning.

Louie

No comments:

Post a Comment