Monday, August 18, 2014

Neither Here Nor There

This last week Mac went back to school.  It was teacher prep week and no kids.  He was able to leave early and we didn't have any absolute schedule.  It stopped being summer for us but it wasn't quite the school year either.  That attitude corrupted  the rest of my existence as well.  I kind of worked at stuff... but not really.

It did not help that once again I managed to get into some poison ivy.  I did it up pretty well this time.  I think I must of gotten sprayed with the noxious weed as I mowed over a patch of the stuff.  It went all over as I tend to wear loose clothes while mowing.  I am covered in rash on my neck, part of my face, ears, arms, midriff and even my back.  It is miserable.  This is the third time round this summer and I have to say I am tired of it.  In a moment of itchy misery I told Mac it was time to make a change.  Because of my Reactive Airway Disease I cannot use a spray and I wouldn't want to anyway as sprays tend to not discriminate about what plants to kill.  So, I told him it was time for a goat.  I told him I don't want a nanny so there wouldn't be any temptation to breed her and I don't want a billy, but a wether would be perfect.  Preferably a dwarf breed so he could be fifty percent pet to the grand kids and fifty percent poison ivy terminator. ... and he wouldn't eat much.

I checked out the local exchange paper and there were no small livestock auctions coming up.  I'll keep checking but for once I feel like I'm a little bit prepared.  We have the new coop and it is about time for the last hens to get moved in with the quickly growing chicks and their nanny hen.  The old coop will work fine for a small goat..

The decision is made, we just have to get on with it.  Just another instance of being neither here nor there and just feeling like I'm in a state of limbo.

Louie

No comments:

Post a Comment