Monday, November 4, 2013

Eventful Days

Sometimes there are events that just seem to be harbingers.  I believe I have had one already this morning.  I was having one of those mornings where hauling myself out of bed was proving to be difficult.  So the best idea seemed to be to not make the effort at all.  I just snuggled in tighter while Mac went and took his bath and got ready for work.

It was working out fine.

 Mac came down and started getting dressed.  He was acting incredibly cheerful which I chalked up as an attempt to lure me out from the covers.  I burrowed in deeper and told him to go take his morning meds.  He cheerily headed round the corner to the kitchen.  I was starting to feel a new wave of contentedness when Mac made a truly weird noise.  It was somewhere between a girly screech and a great sucking in of air.  If the vocal cords had been able to orchestrate the dysfunctional effort, it would have been impressive.

As I am used to Mac's  bursts of panic, I simply asked, "What now?"

He stood outside the bedroom door and said a bit breathlessly, "There's a mouse in the sink"

"I guess I have to get up then", I said.

He responded, "I don't know what to do."

So, up I go and walk to the front door and get a coffee can from the recycling that somehow didn't get taken to the recycling bin in town.  I walked to the sink.  Spotted my quarry.  Then with a whirl of failed attempts, I managed to put the coffee can over the furry villain.  Then slid a paper plate under the can, trapping him inside.

"I've got him.... get the door for me"  Mac opened the door while I got on my flip flops and headed out to some tall grass.  He followed, fulfilling his role as support team.  Maintaining a safe distance and keeping the front door open, just incase we needed to bolt back in.  I tossed the mouse into the tall grass noting where he landed.  Then turned and went back to the house.  Mac preceded me.

He said, "You know, you're too kind hearted."

Then I pondered..... I think I'm just more practical.  What did he want me to do?  Strangle the wee victim with my bare hands?  How awkward.  Regardless, it was an interesting way to start my day, and as I am a person that believes that all of the big events in our lives are manifested from the smallest, I have to believe that today will be a harbinger of things to come.

It should be interesting.

Louie

No comments:

Post a Comment