Monday, December 17, 2012

It Keeps You Running

Life continues to throw stuff at me.  I'm not complaining.  This time around life threw me a new grandson.  Max Quilan Bascom.  He came early compared to his Dr. set due date but he was more then fully cooked.  Max was a very red baby.  He set a new standard for a nice glow in the dark red when he finally decided to cry.  Something he doesn't do much of.

I've also spent time at the neighbor's place.  We have been putting in fence.  He lost half of his land in a divorce and a dividing fence needs to be gotten in.  We figure one more good day and we will have it licked.  In the meantime, it seems that my own work is going wanting.  My time at home is being taken up by christmas preparation.  I don't seem to be making much headway though.  Nor am I feeling festive.  I just feel busy.

The weather has been consistently in the forties, which is very weird for winter weather in Iowa.  Because of this I will go ahead and plan on methods of drought gardening next summer.

Planning.  I'm very big on planning.  My kids like to plan, as well.  I have a daughter who wants me to get the little farm ready to sell.  She thinks we should be prepared for the worse and we should go ahead and get the little farm on the market.  Be proactive, she says.  I like being proactive.  I don't like giving up.  This is the life I have dreamt of for as long as I can remember.  It's too soon to let go.  Losing the farm.... I might as well go ahead and die myself.  The kids don't see that.  They think they are taking care of me.  That's not in my plan.

I am thinking of appealing for farm sponsorships.  I have to find a way for the farm to start paying.... and the sooner the better.  Because I just don't know what life is going to throw at me next.

Louie

No comments:

Post a Comment