Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Biding My Time

We are having a cold snap in the weather.  Up to now it has been a mild winter but the cold weather  reminds me that it's time to sit back and wait.  I hate waiting.  I'm not good at it.  I need to have a project.  It has been pointed out to me that I could work on house projects, but considering I still need to be cutting and sanding and staining, I'm not keen on it.  I usually have a cleaning fit in the spring.  I am more then willing to wait for that to strike.

So, I wait.

I have ordered seeds.  The half pound of buffalo grass seed has arrived.  The vegetable order that I placed hasn't materialized.  When over come by some impulse, I did buy a few seeds when in town.  I have decided that this year I need to try root vegetables.  I have had no luck with beets.  I think the problem is due to the rabbits.  Any other problem and a few of the seeds would have made it up.  But after three full seed packages and not a single beet, well, I shall blame the natives.  Hopefully this will be the summer of beets, parsnips and rutabagas.

The hens have been good to me this winter.  They have never just stopped laying.  I have even gotten numerous days when every girl has given me an egg.  I have one hen that gets very frustrated with me. She wants to keep her eggs so badly.  I will let her set a nest in late spring when it is warm.

So, she and I wait.

I have a friend who reminds me..... the earth is patient.  I am not.

Louie

No comments:

Post a Comment