Tuesday, November 13, 2012

All kinds of stuff

My brains keep flitting over stuff.  Stuff that needs to get done.  Stuff I haven't worked on.  I should have worked on.... now winter is coming... now I am having panic attacks ....which keeps me from getting anything done.  So much stuff!!!

First I'll start with chicken stuff.  I spent some time building a four seater nesting box.  It did not look all that great, but I figured who cares?  The chickens won't complain, right?  I had measured the door on the wee coop and made sure that we could get in.  Spent an afternoon and part of the next morning knocking it together.  Then hauled it out to the coop.  Shoved it in there on it's side.  Then tried to tip it up into it's standing position.  Oops!  The center roof brace is in the way and after several attempts the nesting box is still not installed.  Best laid plans and all...

It occurred to me, after a fair amount of cussing, that I should have just gotten some five gallon buckets and cut them down.  I could slide them out of the way to get to the water and feeder and it would have just been so EASY!!!  With that in mind, I will walk around later and look for buckets, especially buckets that have gotten a crack in the bottom that can't do bucket duty anymore.

Today should hopefully (Please God!!) be a big day.  I have gotten some bird netting to help finish up my chicken yard.  The yard has the wee coop in it sitting on concrete blocks.  The structure is one of those cheap shade houses.  Just the frame, not the cover.  Put the cover on it and the wind will blow it into the next county, but so far with it standing as frame alone, we are doing okay.  Then the chicken wire went up.  I had two rolls.  The four foot tall roll went around the north side and the three foot roll went around the south.  It doesn't quite meet up so that is where I will install the door.  The bird mesh will go over the top today.... with luck.  That's the goal anyway.  Chicken yard door and bird mesh.

I also want to work on getting the horses moved.  I need to set some  steel rods set and string some temporary wire.  Ideally, I would also get two holes dug and set two posts that would be the basis for a lean-to run in shelter.  It isn't what I had hoped for, but it will get them onto fresh grass for a day or two.  I will immediately need to be concerned with what to do next and try to see if the neighbor guy will have hay for sale. (Please, God!)

And that brings me to money........

I have been toying a bit with farm math.  I have been looking at blurb.com for my book.... have I mentioned this before?  I do not remember, but anyway, it looks as if a six inch by nine inch hardcover book would sell for $4.95.  With that in mind...... if my book sold for $8.95 then I would have four dollars after paying for each book.  From that I would probably have to give half to the government for taxes.   I will figure two dollars pure profit from each book.  The goal (Please, God!) for the book is to pay off the mortgage so Mac could take early retirement and hopefully take care of himself, get some muscles back on his legs and with luck live in peace, etc.,etc.  Roughly we owe $168,000.00.  I will need to sell 84,000 books.  Shit!  That's a lot.  Well, you never know.  The world is a big place and surely there are 84,000 demented people out there that might not mind my ramblings so very much.  I have my outline and my forward written.  I am currently on my third start of chapter one.

That's my stuff for today.  First, chores.  Then, my chicken stuff.  Then, my horse stuff and then, if there is anything left of my day, I will start in on chapter one once again.  (Please, God! just let all of my stuff work out today!)

Louie

No comments:

Post a Comment